My definition of easy detox smoothies is simple! They are smoothies that can be prepared easily in a matter of minutes, if not seconds for the purpose of detoxifying or cleansing the body; period!
However, the word detox simply means getting rid of toxic substance from the body of a living organism according to Wikipedia’s definition.
On the other hand, a smoothie refers to a blended mix of raw fruits or veggies, or veggies and fruits together with other ingredients. This having been said, in this article, I will talk about easy detox smoothies that one can prepare at home using some commonly available ingredients for better health and body fitness.
I am personally a huge fan of smoothies and can bet I’ve tried hundreds of smoothies by now. My pictures before I started using detox smoothies and after can tell more than the 1000 words a picture is said to be worth.
So, below are some reasons why detox the body with easy detox smoothies, their pros, and cons as well as who can benefit from the smoothies. A sample detox smoothie and the best ingredients to look for are also covered.
Why Detox the Body?
Before I started using easy detox smoothies, I did my research and found out that on a day to day basis, the human body comes into contact with a variety of toxins or toxic substances. Some of which are eliminated by the kidneys and the liver, whereas other remain in the blood stream or settle on a certain organs in the body.
The toxins that remain after the body’s excretion mechanisms can build-up with time, cause a body burden and end up disrupting various crucial biological processes in the long run.
This has been found to often lead to issues such as impaired immunity, hormone imbalance, and nutritional deficiency. All these are monstrous to the body’s healthy and wellness.
Source of Toxins
Toxins come from a wide range of sources, including:
- Processed foods
- Smoking cigarettes
- Beauty products
- Cleaning products
- Vehicle fumes, environmental
- Toxins, and pharmaceutical products such as antibiotics.
I bet you get the main idea here, right!
Before I started using easy detox smoothies, I used to occasionally experience body burden symptoms such as constant headaches, skin conditions – mainly on my face, muscle fatigue, reduced concentration, indigestion and poor breath issues.
To solve these symptoms and restore the body’s proper functioning, detoxification is a vital to consider. This toxin build-up definitely needs to be eliminated by use of cleansing products.
Lucky enough, there are various easy detox smoothies that can help cleanse the body by naturally supplying it with the crucial nutrients needed to do this.
Pros and Cons of Using Easy Detox Smoothies
Easy detox smoothies come with a wide variety of advantages. Some of these include the following:
- They are natural and safe with scientific backing
- Easy smoothies recipes improve liver and kidney function-these two are the most important vital organs of the body.
- There are plenty of tips, recipes and ideas online on making detox smoothies
- Easy weight loss smoothies can help with weight loss, body cleansing and overall health improvement
- They can be fun and delicious
- Promote skin health
- They improve energy levels
- They can be made at home within minutes
- Detox smoothies boost immunity
- Raw foods are always more nutritious
- You can make healthy smoothies recipes
- Combination options are plenty and one can come up with their own recipe
For those that don’t have the time or are not DIYers, I got you covered! Pre-made easy detox smoothies are available for purchase both in online stores like Amazon and offline local stores.
There are also a few points worth mentioning before starting to use easy detox smoothies.
- For a first time user, the sudden diet change can result in mild digestive system side effects such as gas, bloat and diarrhea.
- Easy detox smoothies may not be recommended for pregnant women, teenagers and people suffering from certain illnesses.
Who Can Benefit From Using Easy Detox Smoothies?
Personally, I went for easy detox smoothies because I needed to kick start my weight loss program really badly. I was also suffering from the toxin build-up or body burden and hence wanted to improve my general health.
However easy detox smoothies can benefit a wide range of individuals, including:
- Weight loss enthusiasts
- Someone suffering from skin conditions
- People experiencing a reduction in the body energy and any other person who’s experienced some of the above signs of toxin build-up.
- Those suffering from constipation
Sample Easy Detox Smoothies Recipe
To make an easy detox smoothie, you will basically need a fruit such as a pineapple, banana, apple or a blueberry and some leafy greens such as spinach, broccoli or kale.
You might also need a thinning liquid such as water, coconut water, almond milk or ice to make the mixture easier to blend. A blender is the only other thing you need from there.
Below is a sample recipe I always consider my favorite, mostly for my huge addiction to pineapples, the highly beneficial nutrients in spinach and my great obsession with apples.
Pineapple Banana Detox Smoothie Recipe Sample
- 1 Cup of water
- 2 Cups of spinach
- 1 cup of kale
- An Apple
- 1 Cup of pineapple
- A banana or a kiwi
- Insert the pineapple, spinach, and apple into the blender
- Add water
- Blend until smooth
- You can thin out with water/coconut water to get your desired texture (optional)
- Serve and enjoy your preparation with or without a snack.
- Top Most Ingredients in the Detox Smoothie
As earlier mentioned, the combination options are endless when it comes to making an easy detox recipe smoothie. However, a number of ingredients seem to produce higher benefits when included in smoothies. Especially based on levels of nutritional values some of the top most praised ingredients when making a detox smoothie include:
- Apple cider vinegar
- Raspberries & blueberries
Easy detox smoothies will give you plenty of health benefits that come with detoxifying the body. These smoothies also have multiple advantages and more than a few reasons to include them in your nutritional routine.
Additionally, they’re easy to acquire and prepare. Also there are many detox smoothie recipes out there that you can try out.
Don’t forget to experiment with different fruits and veggies combinations before settling for a favorite blend, flavor, or taste!
No time to make easy health smoothies? Well, no problem! Get them pre-made and ready for delivery here.
I want to hear from you! So go ahead and share your comments and questions down below. Also, don’t forget to share this post!
Talk to you soon! And till then live good life naturally healthy!